Find Hotels in Lake City, FL
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Lake City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lake City, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, shopping, and festivals. Top sights in the city include North Florida Speedway, Florida Nature and Heritage Tourism Center, and Ichetucknee Springs State Park.
- There are 64 hotels and other accommodations in Lake City
- The closest major airport is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 41 mi (66 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Valdosta, GA (VLD-Valdosta Regional), 55.7 mi (89.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake City
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Florida Nature and Heritage Tourism Center, Lake City Columbia County Historical Museum, and Stephen Foster State Folk Center. Favorite family attractions include Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park and Southside Recreation Complex. The city is notable for landmarks like Epiphany Catholic Church, Olustee Battlefield Historic State Park, and Pine Grove Baptist Church.
In Lake City, there are 64 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Lake City - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Comfort Suites Lake City - Our customers like the overall value and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake City - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Lake City include North Florida Speedway and Ichetucknee Springs State Park. A popular place to see outside the city is Ginnie Springs, 25 mi/40.2 km from the city center.
Dressing for Lake City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 52.62 inches of rain falls on Lake City each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Lake City?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lake City, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Lake City?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Lake City?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Lake City?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Lake City?
Where is the best place to stay close to Ichetucknee Springs State Park?
What about the best place to stay close to Suwannee River State Park?
What's the best golf hotel in Lake City?
Recent reviews of Lake City hotels
More trip options
- Lake City Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Lake City Airports
- Hotels near Popular Lake City Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Lake City
- More Hotel Options in Lake City
- More Popular Hotels in Florida
- Other Hotels near Lake City, Florida
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends