Get an overview of this hotelBelle Epoque hotel in Montreux on Lake Geneva
By Lake Geneva
This luxury hotel is located on the shores of Lake Geneva, in the picturesque village of Montreux in the Swiss Riviera. Auditorium Stravinsky is only 1 block away.
The 2,0000 square meters Willow Stream Spa offers a private garden, body treatments, separate spa areas for men and women, in addition to a sauna, Jacuzzi, and steam bath. An outdoor pool is also available.
Fairmont Le Montreux Palace's 236 air-conditioned guestrooms feature bathrobes and slippers, minibars, iPad directories, in-room safes, premium channels, coffeemakers, free WiFi, and marble bathrooms with heated towel rails.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
This Montreux hotel is on the city’s lakeside boulevard, on the shores of Lake Geneva. Place du Marche and the Freddie Mercury Statue are within .6 mile (1 kilometer), and the city's shopping district is close by.
The hotel's 14 banqueting and meeting halls create a sumptuous environment for top-level business and diplomatic occasions. The first-floor Grand Hall, with its marble columns, chandeliers, and plush furnishings acts as an extended lobby and can be readily converted into a glittering reception hall. It is complemented by 6 other grandiose spaces bristling with stucco statuary, heavy embroidered drapes, and mahogany furnishings. Other business amenities include free WiFi throughout the hotel and a computer station.
Onsite parking is offered for a fee, and an outdoor pool is also on the premises. Fitness facilities are also available. Pets are accepted with a surcharge.
- Indoor pool
- Spa services on site
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space
- Business center
- Meeting rooms 15
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1906
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of coffee shops/cafes - 3
- Concierge services
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Computer station
- Free WiFi
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Total number of rooms - 236
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 7
- Luggage storage
- Pool sun loungers
- Number of restaurants - 5
- Conference space size (feet) - 21528
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Spa tub
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Poolside bar
- Conference space size (meters) - 2000
- Number of meeting rooms - 15
- Shopping on site
- Ski storage
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Wired internet access ( CHF 29 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Wired high-speed internet ( CHF 5 for multiple minutes )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Coffee/tea maker
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
Where to Eat
MP's Bar & Grill - Featuring a refined and relaxed dining space, an outdoor terrace, and cocktail bar, MP’s BAR & GRILL is a premier grill location. The menu has been developed around prime cuts of meat, the freshest fish and seafood and, uniquely for high-end Montreux dining, a passionate faith in the finest local produce.
Montreux Jazz Café - The generous cuisine, combined with a selection of the region’s best wines and irresistibly-named aperitifs, make it the perfect venue to share an informal moment enveloped by that special festival feel. International cuisine is served for lunch and dinner.
Funky Claude's Bar - Offering simple, fun gourmet eating coupled with a wholehearted, unpretentious welcome, Funky Claude’s Bar is a great place to drop by or hang out late into the night, whether you’re local or just passing through the Riviera.
Terrasse du Petit Palais - Across the road from the main hotel building, small round tables are set upon a terrace bursting with flowers and offering views directly over Lake Geneva and the Alps. Favored by guests especially on summer evenings, the terrace restaurant offers a salad buffet and a range of grilled fish and meat options. Open during the summer for lunch and dinner when reservations are required.
The Lounge - The Lounge offers a light breakfast selection, snacks during the day, and pre-dinner drinks in the evening.
In-room dining - Serving traditional and International food 24 hours a day.
Willow Stream Café- If you want to refresh with a cool drink or light snack following your spa treatment or fitness program, the Willow Stream Caf offers a delicious menu composed of regional and seasonal products. Our Chef composed a special Fitness menu, which is an absolute "must"! It truly is a unique haven of peace with unbelievable views over Lake Geneva, Montreux and the Alps of Switzerland.
La Palmerie- La Palmeraie serves a full breakfast buffet with a wide variety of international and local breakfast classics. Enjoy a nice cup of coffee or a fresh fruit juice while enjoying the beautiful view over Lake Geneva and the Alps.
Nearby Things to Do
Montreux and its surrounding areas offer a wide range of activities from culture to sports: Water sports are available within walking distance from the hotel (sailing, surfing, swimming, water skiing, pedal boot), while the mountains invite for an extensive hiking tour or a stroll around the forests.
The Swiss Riviera also offers various events including the Montreux Jazz Festival in early July, the Septembre Musical in September, the Festival du Rire in December, and the largest Christmas market in the French part of Switzerland.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Ski lessons available nearby
- Ski equipment rental shops nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Miniature golf on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Boat tours nearby
The Willow Stream Spa provides 2,000 square meters with a private garden, body treatments, and private training sessions. It also provides separate spa areas for men and women, in addition to a sauna, jacuzzi, and steam bath. There is also an indoor pool and seasonal outdoor pool.
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Thalassotherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CHF 80 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CHF 30 per pet, per night
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
No cribs (infant beds) available
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 6.50 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 18 years of age.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CHF 40 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): CHF 29 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: CHF 5 (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: CHF 400 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: CHF 40 per day
- Valet parking fee: CHF 45 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CHF 30 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CHF 80 per night
- Fairmont Montreux
- Fairmont Montreux Palace
- Fairmont Palace
- Fairmont Palace Hotel
- Fairmont Palace Hotel Montreux
- Fairmont Palace Montreux
- Montreux Fairmont
- Montreux Palace
- Palace Montreux
- Fairmont Le Montreux Palace Hotel Montreux
- Le Montreux Palace
- Fairmont Montreux Palace Hotel
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Switzerland. This property is rated 5 star Superior and is displayed on this page as 5.0 stars.