A relaxing place in a distant, foreign country
Posted Mar 18, 2011
I had an amazing time at this hotel. I was traveling to Switzerland for the first time as a lone, young female with almost no French abilities, for business. The hotel is so conveniently located and near most of the important tourist sites in Lausanne. Fanny (and I'm sure the other people too) at the front was extremely friendly, helpful, and had great English. I felt really at home here and would definitely stop here again. Here are some things I didn't see mentioned in other reviews.
- Despite it having a common bathroom, you do get towels, shampoo (though not very good), soap, and a sink in your room. You don't get a toothbrush / toothpaste
- They have electric converters available for a returnable 10 franc / euro / dollar deposit
- You do get the free Lausanne transit pass for the duration for your stay
- They have free chocolate at the window!!
- The office closes for lunch and at night, though you can use your card to get in whenever.
Other things: I thought people mentioned the train was far or an uphill climb... um what? It's a 3 minute flat walk to the Riponne station... Also, for female travelers, I felt this place (and the area) was very safe and clean as a lone female traveler. Lastly, my internet connection was incredibly easy to log into and fast... I noticed some people complaining about this, but maybe they've fixed it since.
So yes - come here!!