Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Lucerne hotel close to Lion Monument
Popular property highlights
Near Chapel Bridge
Created in the 1870s by Cesar Ritz and Auguste Escoffier, this lakeside hotel is a Lucerne landmark, 400 metres from Lion Monument and 500 metres from Chapel Bridge.
Indoor pool and lake-view terrace
The hotel boasts lake-view terrace and an indoor pool; guests on business can make use of the meeting rooms and business services.
Free WiFi, flat-screen TVs
Grand Hotel National's 41 guestrooms are decorated in lush Fin de Siecle style, with marble floors; all feature flat-screen TVs, multi-line phones, minibars, complimentary bottled water, espresso maker, and free WiFi.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Grand Hotel National
The Grand Hotel National is located on the lake. Guests can go for a refreshing dip in the indoor pool. Guests on business can make use of the hotel's 2 meeting/conference rooms, the 24-hour business center, and complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access. There are 4 restaurants, a coffee shop, and 24-hour room service on site. A roundtrip airport shuttle (surcharge) is available on request, parking is available (for a surcharge).
- Indoor pool
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Total number of rooms - 41
- Number of floors - 4
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Concierge services
- Express check-in
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 2
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1870
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 4
- 24-hour business center
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free newspaper
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Espresso maker
Where to Eat
Trianon - Gourmet à la carte restaurant offering seasonal French and Swiss specialities in a private atmosphere.
Padrino - Classic Italian dishes including regional specialties are served in an airy room with white walls and plants in pots. Regional Italian wines are available and guests can dine al fresco and enjoy lakeside views in the summer.
Thai Lotus - Decorated in an exotic style with palms, ferns, rich colors and a Thai temple, the restaurant offers an extensive choice of Thai cuisine, including salads, soups and curries.
1871 - International and Swiss kitchen with relaxed ambience.
National Bar - Wood paneling, deep leather armchairs and a resident pianist give the bar a gentleman's club atmosphere; the terrace overlooks the lake and the snow-capped Alps beyond.
Room service is available 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Facial treatments
Check-in time ends at 3 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CHF 100 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CHF 30 per pet, per night, plus a deposit of CHF 30.00 per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 2.30 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Resort fee: CHF 2.10 per person, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CHF 35 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: CHF 360 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: CHF 60 per day
- Valet parking fee: CHF 35 per night
- Pet deposit: CHF 30.00 per night
- Pet fee: CHF 30 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CHF 100 per night
- Grand National Hotel
- Grand National Lucerne
- Hotel Grand National
- Hotel National
- Grand Hotel Lucerne
- Grand Hotel National
- Grand Hotel National Lucerne
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Switzerland. This property is rated 5 stars and is displayed on this page as 5.0 stars.