Mother Nature offers up an adventure that's truly special, so take a walk off the beaten path at Lake Mendocino.
It's located in Ukiah, a trip of 100 miles from Sacramento, the state capital.
There are about 14 hotels within 6 miles of Lake Mendocino. The Vichy Hot Springs Resort & Inn and Hampton Inn Ukiah CA are some of the better bets here.
There's no need to spend every hard-earned penny on your accommodation. Opt to stay at one of the convenient budget accommodation options that are in the surrounding area. You don't need to look further than the Quality Inn Ukiah or the Economy Inn for a nice bed at a good price.
Other Places to Visit near Lake Mendocino
Here's a sample of some of the other things that are offered in the vicinity of Lake Mendocino:
- If you are a wine connoisseur or you like to share drinks with friends, Parducci Wine Cellars is the place for you.
- Mendocino College is a true community landmark as well as an educational institution. Make sure you don't miss out on taking part in a visitors' tour of the campus.
- Fun and excitement await at Redwood Empire Fairgrounds. Treat yourself to some of the snacks on offer and participate in the selection of games and activities.
- You should take a day to sample the flavors of local wine at Barra of Mendocino Winery, and if you like the taste, you can buy your favorite bottles while you're there.
- Widen your knowledge and learn about the people that impacted this area by having a wander around Grace Hudson Museum.