Visiting Lake Oconee
Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Lake Oconee, which is also known for its restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, architecture, and baseball games.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodations in Lake Oconee
- The closest major airport is in Athens, GA (AHN-Ben Epps), 34.5 mi (55.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Oconee
Cultural venues in the city include Madison Morgan Cultural Center, The Plaza Arts Center, and Uncle Remus Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Lake Oconee, Rock Eagle Effigy Mound, and Rogers House and Rose Cottage. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Lake Sinclair, Oconee National Forest, and Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge.
In Lake Oconee, you'll be able to select from 92 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Farmhouse Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with a private balcony.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Madison - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Lake Oconee
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Lake Oconee gets about 46.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F