Visiting Lake Villa
Visitors can enjoy all that Lake Villa has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and jazz scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's basketball games, forests, and lakeside setting. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Kenosha, WI (ENW-Kenosha Regional), 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 22.3 mi (35.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Villa
Six Flags Great America is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find University Center of Lake County and College of Lake County.
As you plan your vacation to Lake Villa, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 43 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Tir Na Nog is a Private Country Estate With a 9 Hole Golf Course is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from central Lake Villa. This 3.5-star hotel in Deerfield features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Our customers like its bar and helpful staff.
- Beautiful Home In Round Lake is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of Lake Villa. This 3-star resort in Gurnee features 6 indoor pools, a free water park, and a water park. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and comfortable rooms.
- Furnished Large Mater Bedroom With Attached Bath With Views is 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the center of Lake Villa. This 3.5-star condo resort in Lake Geneva features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a water park. Expedia travelers love its central location and room service.
Getting Around Lake Villa
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Lake Villa Station. Lake Villa might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lake Villa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 16°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Lake Villa is 34.09 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F