Posted Dec 15, 2016
Every year my parents, my fiancé, and I go to the Dutch Apple Theatre. Since we live several hours away, we always get a hotel room for the weekend. This year, we decided to try a new hotel, which turned out to be a big mistake. Upon entering the hotel there was a lot of confusion about our rooms, while the staff addressed the issue professionally, we had to listen to the slit your wrists music they were playing obnoxiously on their phone. Walking down the hallway to our rooms the hallway smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, and of course these rooms are non smoking. My parents room would not shut or lock, and it took a while for someone to come take a look. Our room smelled of dust and moldy carpet. Our window was broken, and staff attempted to fix it by shoving bags where the window meets, but we could not lock it. The sink had sticky stuff in and around it, like it had not been cleaned, and the shower was slimy. Not to mention the walls were brown and the ceiling was moldy. I checked the bed thoroughly, and while I didn't see anything (bugs or stains) the sheets stunk. Luckily I brought a set. There were several lamps that did not work nor did the phone. I literally walked on eggshell in that room in fear of what I might take home with me and spent as little time as I could. The staff did what they could and were polite, but they were of little help. We did have a third party with us, and I am unsure of their experience, but we will not be returning.