A Quiet Place to Unwind in Cyprus
Posted Jul 6, 2016
I've visited this hotel several times in 2010, 2013, and now June 2016. Solo or with my wife. As a get-away while on project in Cyprus, or to unwind when entering Cyprus after extended international travel.
It's even better now, with the room renovations. I come here because (not in any particular order):
1) it has gorgeous sea views;
2) at night you can see the stars, since it's on the edge of a natural area;
3) there are no hotels and development on the natural side looking toward Cape Greko;,
4) can swim in the huge, wonderful pool or head down to the bay for beach swimming, snorkeling, boat & water sports rentals;
5) it is very close (10 minutes drive) to interesting natural places to visit: Cape Greko, sea caves, old church; if it's not hot you can walk the trails to those places;
6) It is mellow here -- NOT Ayia Napa, so the party crowd only shows up from time to time on the "party boats" that pull into Konnos Bay;
7) The breakfast buffet is good;
8) They listen, and fulfill my request for a room with sea view that's on a high floor (you want both). Lower rooms with sea view are just above the morning buffet restaurant and can be a bit noisy if it's cool enough to leave your balcony door open.
9) It's an easy drive from the Larnaca airport with a car rental: 45 minutes.
10) free wifi;
11) the poolside bar makes excellent "real" margaritas, not slushees;
12) there's a safe and refrigerator (mini bar) in the room.
Yes, it's pricey. It's worth it.