Room had mold, not very friendly
Posted Apr 25, 2017
We checked in on Fri evening expecting a 2 queen, nonsmoking room we had requested. Instead we were told they only had a King non-smoking--but they could give us a roll away bed for an extra $15. I'm afraid that won't work for my 10 and 13 year old. They said we could see if another room was available the next day. We needed a place to stay since my son was attending the Boy Scout Expo in town so we settled for a smoking room with 2 queens. The entire floor smelled horrible and the room did too. We made it through the night, although none of us slept well due to the smell. Then when we were getting ready to head out for the Expo, we noticed MOLD on the ceiling and curtain by the window. EWW!!! When we returned from expo that night, we asked if another room was available & informed them of the mold. Didn't get much of a reaction from them other than "we'll send someone up." They did switch our rooms and offered to waive the resort fee. We got up to the room and went to use the shower & the shower knob would not turn. Called maintenance, they came up, took it apart, couldn't repair it, so they moved us to another room. The next a.m. when I went to review my bill & noticed they didn't remove the resort fee...UGH! When I asked about it, the mgr on duty asked me WHO offered to remove the resort fee. Fortunately, the person who did was standing right there. In the end, they gave us 1/2 off the 1st night. Thankful for that, but really felt they should've offered more.