Find Hotels in Launceston
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $57
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Launceston
4/5Very Good!(58 area reviews)
Launceston CBD is known for its enchanting waterfalls, and you can make a stop by City Park and Princess Theatre while in the area.
Travelers like the museums in Invermay, and University of Tasmania Stadium is a top attraction you might want to visit.
You'll enjoy the restaurants and parks in West Launceston. You might want to make time for a stop at Cataract Gorge or Cataract Gorge Reserve.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Launceston, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and beautiful waterfalls. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours.
- You'll find 109 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Launceston
- The closest major airport is in Launceston, TAS (LST), 8.1 mi (13 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Launceston
Cultural venues in the city include Queen Victoria Museum, 1842 Gallery, and Design Centre of Tasmania. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and such places to visit as Royal Park and City Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Brisbane Street Mall and Quadrant Mall.
In Launceston, you'll be able to select from 56 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- CBD Apartments Launceston - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star apartment in Launceston CBD can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and WiFi.
- Alice's Cottages - Our customers love the proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms at this cottage. Guests who stay at this 4-star cottage in Launceston CBD can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Terrace on Walbourne - Located in Launceston CBD, this 4-star apartment features a kitchen, free WiFi, and a balcony. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and quiet location.
Dressing for Launceston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Launceston gets about 27.09 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 37°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Launceston?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Launceston, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Launceston?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Launceston?
Where is the best place to stay in Launceston CBD?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation to Launceston?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation in Launceston?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Launceston?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Penny Royal Adventures?
What about the best place to stay near Princess Theatre?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Launceston?
Recent reviews of Launceston hotels
More trip options
- Launceston Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Launceston Airports
- Hotels in Launceston Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Launceston Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Launceston
- More Hotel Options in Launceston
- More Popular Hotels in Launceston
- Other Hotels near Launceston, Launceston
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends