Families will find kid-friendly activities in Launceston, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and beautiful waterfalls. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours.
- You'll find 109 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Launceston
- The closest major airport is in Launceston, TAS (LST), 8.1 mi (13 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Launceston
Cultural venues in the city include Queen Victoria Museum, 1842 Gallery, and Design Centre of Tasmania. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and such places to visit as Royal Park and City Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Brisbane Street Mall and Quadrant Mall.
In Launceston, you'll be able to select from 56 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- CBD Apartments Launceston - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star apartment in Launceston CBD can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and WiFi.
- Alice's Cottages - Our customers love the proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms at this cottage. Guests who stay at this 4-star cottage in Launceston CBD can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Terrace on Walbourne - Located in Launceston CBD, this 4-star apartment features a kitchen, free WiFi, and a balcony. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and quiet location.
Dressing for Launceston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Launceston gets about 27.09 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 37°F