Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lawton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, casinos, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its university setting and mountain views.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Lawton
- The closest major airport is in Lawton, OK (LAW-Lawton-Fort Sill Regional), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lawton
The city's cultural venues include Comanche National Museum and Cultural Center and Museum of the Great Plains. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Lee Boulevard Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Comanche Nation Waterpark and Great Plains Technology Center.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Lawton. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, OK - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Apache Casino Hotel - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn And Suites Lawton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Lawton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 99°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Lawton is 31.10 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F