Visitors to Lehighton are sure to enjoy the live music, mountain views, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Blue Mountain Ski Area and Pocono Raceway.
- You'll find 69 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hazleton
- The closest major airport is in Allentown, PA (ABE-Lehigh Valley Intl.), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reading, PA (RDG-Reading Regional), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lehighton
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Blue Mountain Ski Area and Pocono Raceway. Additionally, you'll find Episcopal Parish of St. Mark and St. John and Asa Packer Mansion Museum in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Lehighton. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Lehighton - Jim Thorpe - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Mahoning Inn - This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its central location and WiFi.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Camelback Ski Area, located 23.5 mi (37.7 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Lehighton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Lehighton gets about 52.87 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F