Visitors to Lexington are sure to enjoy the wineries and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, monuments, and festivals. A top sight in the area is Asheboro Country Club.
- You'll find 25 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lexington - Salisbury
- The closest major airport is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lexington
The picturesque setting of Lake Thom-A-Lex Park and Boone's Cave Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Wine tasting is just one of the top activities, while Richard Childress Vineyards and Native Vines Winery are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Davidson County Historical Museum and Lexington Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Lexington. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Quality Inn Lexington - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Lexington - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include North Carolina Aviation Museum, 23.5 mi/37.9 km from the city center, and Sunset Theater, which is 25.8 mi/41.5 km away.
Getting Around Lexington
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Lexington Station or Lexington Station. Lexington might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lexington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 44.33 inches of rain falls on Lexington each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 29°F