Get an overview of this hotelLuxury Lille hotel near the Beaux Arts museum
Heart of Lille
Housed in a 15th-century listed building, the 72-room L'Hermitage Gantois is located in the heart of Lille, between the Town Hall and the main square. The Musée des Beaux Arts and the Grand Palais are 500 metres away.
Spa and dining
Guests can relax at the onsite Spa by Hermitage Gantois, featuring a range of treatments, as well as a pool and Hammam. The hotel restaurant's vaulted ceiling is painted in red and gold, and reflected in the polished black marble floor; L'Hermitage Gantois' atrium bar serves drinks and live piano music each night.
Louis XV-style and Philippe Starck designed chairs complement the historical features of the air-conditioned guestrooms; all include minibars, safes, televisions, and wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
L'Hermitage Gantois, Autograph Collection
A black and white marble-floored gallery overlooking the Cour d'Honneur shows temporary modern art exhibitions at L'Hermitage Gantois, while the small museum houses a collection of curious pieces dating from the hotel's days as a hospice. Books about Lille can be perused in the armchairs of the wood-panelled library just off the Grand Salon, while benches in the shade of an ancient glycine tree provide a pleasant space to relax in the Cour des Soeurs courtyard during summer.
The hotel has a conference space also suitable for cocktails parties, banquets, and weddings. The oldest part of the hotel, the Salle des Hospices, dates from 1460, and can accommodate up to 200 people in an elegant setting with chandeliers, stained-glass window, high vaulted ceiling and a rare 15th century fresco.
L'Hermitage Gantois is a non-smoking property and provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Valet parking (surcharge), offsite parking (surcharge), and street parking (metered) are all available.
- 24-hour front desk
- Free airport transportation
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Full-service spa
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Total number of rooms - 72
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 2
- Meeting rooms 11
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Indoor pool
- Wedding services
- Free WiFi
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Flat-panel TV
- Designer toiletries
- Bathtub only
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Free WiFi
- Cable TV service
Where to Eat
Restaurant de L'Hermitage Gantois - The restaurant is a bold mix of old and modern, with an original vaulted ceiling painted red and gold, a polished black marble floor, crisp white tablecloths, black, white and gold crockery and fresh flowers. Meat and fish specialities dominate the menu and sample dishes include Veal's Liver with Conserved Shallots and Creamed Horseradish Sauce, and Crab Brandade with Shellfish Oil and Crunchy Langoustine Tails. Open for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Estaminet Gantois - The Estaminet comprises two rooms: one on street level with a beamed ceiling, tiled floor and wood-panelled zinc bar, and the second in the vaulted cellar with brick walls, discreet lighting and period features. It serves regional favourites such as Moules-Frites (mussels cooked in white wine served with French fries), Grilled Rib Roast and Chicken Liver Terrine. Open for lunch and dinner.
L'Hermitage Gantois Bar - Formerly a courtyard, the bar is overlooked on three sides by the historic buildings that comprise the hotel. The atrium roof and glass façade let in natural light and, teamed with the leather sofas and easy chairs, give a modern feel to this area. The bar serves breakfast and afternoon tea as well as light snacks and a range of drinks. Live piano music is played every evening and guest artists appear on Saturday evenings.
Breakfast is served daily in the breakfast room.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 25 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 3.30 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 18 years of age.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 23 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per pet, per night
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- L'Hermitage Gantois Autograph
- L'Hermitage Gantois Autograph Collection®
- L'Hermitage Gantois Autograph Collection® Hotel Lille
- L'Hermitage Gantois Autograph Collection Hotel Lille
- L'Hermitage Gantois Autograph Collection Hotel
- L'Hermitage Gantois Autograph Collection Lille
- L'Hermitage Gantois Autograph Collection
This property has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.