Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Lisbon hotel in Coracao de Jesus, near Castle of Sao Jorge
Popular property highlights
Located in Coracao de Jesus, this historic hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Lisbon Coliseum and Rossio Square. Santa Justa Elevator and Lisbon Cathedral are also within 1 mi (2 km).
A bar/lounge, 24-hour room service, and concierge services are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, dry cleaning, a 24-hour front desk, and a library are onsite.
All 33 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and 24-hour room service. LCD TVs with cable channels and DVD players provide a bit of entertainment, and guests will also appreciate thoughtful touches like pillow menus and bathrobes.
- Notably quiet location
- Excellent breakfast
- Friendly, helpful staff
- Spacious guestrooms
- Overall value of stay
Hotel Britania features a library, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests. This Art Deco hotel also offers concierge services, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Guests can use the indoor pool at a partner property.
Hotel Britania is a smoke-free property.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 33
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 6
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- Year Built 1943
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Free wired Internet
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
- DVD player
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Free newspaper
- Soundproofed rooms
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Turndown service
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Pillow menu
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7:30 AM and noon.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 13 years of age.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 14 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 50 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Britania Hotel
- Britania Lisbon
- Hotel Britania
- Hotel Britania Lisbon
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of Europe.