Visiting Little Switzerland
Visitors can enjoy all that Little Switzerland has to offer including the restaurants and parks. In Little Switzerland, there are 5 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 37.7 mi (60.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Little Switzerland
A favorite place to visit in the city is Pisgah National Forest. Additionally, you'll find Emerald Village and Museum of North Carolina Minerals in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Little Switzerland, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 40 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Alpine Inn is located in the heart of Little Switzerland. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Little Switzerland features free WiFi, free parking, and a library.
- 'La Petite Chalet' Cottage in Little Switzerland! is 0.6 mi (1 km) from the center of Little Switzerland. This 2-star motel in Black Mountain features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and central location.
- New! Beautifully Restored Little Switzerland Home! is 0.6 mi (1 km) from central Little Switzerland. This 2.5-star motel in Newland features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Little Switzerland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Little Switzerland gets about 48.31 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F