Posted Jan 5, 2016
We stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights in December 2015.
1. Ample free parking, some of which is under cover.
2. Check-in an check-out were quick and efficient.
3. The breakfast buffet was good, with plenty of choice.
4. All the staff we encountered were excellent.
Unfortunately, for us, there were two serious negatives:
1. The bed was very uncomfortable, appeared to be very old, and creaked whenever we moved.
2. Throughout both nights we were woken repeatedly between 1 am and 5 am by other guests shouting in the corridors and banging on each other's doors. There appeared to be several separate groups of offenders, who were mainly middle-aged couples and extended families, not drunken teenagers or young adults. The hotel appears to attract the kind of clientele who show little or no consideration for other guests who are trying to sleep.
The main purpose of staying in a hotel is to sleep, which we had very little of for the above reasons. This was my first stay at a Hilton hotel, and has shaped my impressions of the Hilton brand.
Comment from Hotel Management
Feb 9, 2016 by The Hilton London Croydon Team, Hotel Management
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you found our staff to be excellent, location ideal, ample complimentary parking and breakfast in our Larder Restaurant was good with plenty of choice.
We do apologise for the noise from other guests which kept you awake. We do request that guests are considerate of other guests but as you are aware, but not all guests are considerate.
Thanks again for your review and I do hope this will not put you off using the Brand in the future.
The Hilton London Croydon Team