Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury central London hotel near Piccadilly Circus
Popular property highlights
Near Piccadilly Circus
Set in the heart of London, this heritage hotel is surrounded by famous attractions such as Her Majesty's Theatre, Admiralty Arch, and Trafalgar Square. Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, and Big Ben are nearby.
Fitness center and spa
Sofitel London St. James features the award-winning Balcon restaurant. The Sofitel concept gym and spa, So FIT by Sofitel and So SPA by Sofitel, provide plenty of workout space and a 3-floor retreat respectively.
MP3 docking stations
Guestrooms incorporate French and British style with lacquered mahogany furniture and thick carpets. LCD interactive televisions, complimentary Wi-Fi connections, and iPod docking stations are provided.
Sofitel London St James
Located in the St. James district in central London, this former bank-turned-hotel features a blend of modern French and traditional British design. The heritage grade II listed property includes the luxurious So SPA by Sofitel and expansive So FIT by Sofitel gym. The spa is located on 3 floors and provides rejuvenating treatments while the gym includes a variety of modern fitness equipment. Function and meeting facilities include 12 suites able to accommodate up to 300 guests.
Guests enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access in public areas. Sofitel London St James is a smoke-free property (fines may apply for violations).
- Express check-in
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 12
- Coffee shop or café
- Steam room
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 183
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 6
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Wired high-speed internet ( GBP 15 per day )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free bottled water
- In-room massage available
- Designer toiletries
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
Where to Eat
The Balcon - A classic French brasserie with tall ceilings and 15-foot-high arched windows, featuring a contemporary decor with upholstered furniture. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Rose Lounge - Feminine-style lounge, situated beneath a '50s-style chandelier. Afternoon tea is served with French flair every day and a library with books on French and English culture are housed here.
St James Bar - Featuring black leather chairs, a large fireplace, mahogany parquet floors, and dark-blue carpeting, this bar recreates the atmosphere of a gentleman's club, serving vintage Champagnes and a variety of cocktails.
Private dining - Private dining offered in dining room on the lobby floor. This pleasant space offers event catering and intimate dining.
Room service is available 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Located on three floors, the So SPA by Sofitel offers rejuvenating massages, facial treatments, and manicures.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 60.0 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of GBP 50 per pet, per night
- Dogs only
- Up to 22 lb
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee
- Fee for English breakfast: GBP 26 per person (approximately)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: GBP 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 50 per day
- Pet fee: GBP 50 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 60.0 per night
- Sofitel James
- Sofitel London
- Sofitel London James
- Sofitel London St
- Sofitel London St James
- Sofitel St
- Sofitel St James
- Sofitel St James Hotel
- Sofitel St James Hotel London
- St James Sofitel London
- Accor St James London
- Sofitel London St James England
- Sofitel St James London Hotel London
- Sofitel London St James Hotel
- London Sofitel St James
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.