A Good Hotelman Makes a Big Difference
Posted Feb 14, 2017
The Magic Castle is a 50's vintage hotel located on the street behind Hollywood Boulevard. It is around the corner from the massive Loews Hotel and Dolby Theater. It is not the newest hotel, which is both good and bad. The hotel is a converted apartment building, so the suites are spacious (around 500 sq feet). It is built around a cloister, with a heated pool in the center. The suites have a separate bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom. Some of the fixtures are dated, and you can certainly tell that many have be re-caulked and retrofitted. But they are generally clean and work well. They are also in the process of being remodeled.
What makes this hotel so remarkable is the management and staff. They are of the view that a host of small amenities and cordialities make a difference. Normally, when I write a review here, I am listed defects and problems that I experienced in a hotel. At this hotel, I can only list the pleasant surprises.
1. Smart, bright and pleasant staff. I mean everyone, including the manager.
2. Good coffee, hot apple cider, and a fresh breakfast. And a quiet, comfortable place to eat it.
3. Bathrobes, 2 adult and 1 Child size in the room.
4. Snacks including Peanut butter Granola bars....free for the asking.
5. A strolling Magician during breakfast hours performing tricks at your table.
6. Free overnight laundry.
7. Daily event blog at the breakfast tables.
8. Comfortable bedding, 2 chairs and sofa in room.