Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelPrivate oceanfront escape in the Los Angeles area
Popular property highlights
On a private peninsula overlooking the Pacific Ocean and colorful marina, this stylish Los Angeles-area hotel is 3 blocks from the Redondo Beach Pier with restaurants, shops, and nightlife options.
Stunning ocean vistas
Exquisite views of the ocean, pelicans, dolphins, and sea lions are framed in the 3-story atrium living room lounge. Overlooking the marina is BaleenKitchen, the hotel's signature seafood restaurant.
Cheerful guestrooms have private, furnished patios and some have partial ocean views and 47-inch LCD TVs. All have wireless Internet access, minibars, and pay movies.
Portofino Hotel & Marina - A Noble House Hotel
Perched on a private peninsula overlooking the Pacific Ocean and a colorful marina, this stylish Southern California hotel is 2 blocks from the beach and 3 blocks from the Redondo Beach Pier. Los Angeles International Airport is 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) away.
Overlooking the marina is BaleenKitchen, the hotel's signature fine-dining restaurant with whimsical decor, creative seafood cuisine, and an upstairs fireside cocktail lounge. Open in time for sunset cocktails is The Living Room Bar, in a 3-story ocean-view atrium. Also facing the ocean are a year-round outdoor pool and a spa tub.
Guests have 24-hour access to a complimentary business and fitness center, as well as access to meeting rooms. Also complimentary are beach bicycles and WiFi in the lobby.
Smoking is not permitted.
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Marina on site
- Business center
- Conference space
- Year Built 1957
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 3500
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Beach towels
- Spa tub
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 161
- Number of floors - 3
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Furnished balcony or patio
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- In-room safe
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- iPod docking station
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Digital TV service
- Free WiFi
- Pay movies
- Room service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Down comforter
- LCD TV
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
BaleenKitchen - With a light mood and serious food, this venue offers an eclectic, eccentric dining experience. Guests can enjoy dining outside on the patio overlooking the marina. The upstairs bar offers a cosmopolitan-lounge vibe, with fireside sofas and chairs, and a cocktail list using fresh hand selected herbs, juices, and premium liquors to create food-friendly drinks that perfectly complement the menu.
The Living Room Bar - Ocean-view lounge in 3-story atrium with fireplace and floor-to-ceiling windows. Open from late afternoon to mid-evening, Mondays–Saturdays.
Room service - Available 7 AM-10 PM.
Nearby Things to Do
In addition to a year-round outdoor oceanfront pool and hot tub, the hotel provides complimentary use of bicycles (subject to availability) and a 24-hour fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights. From The Living Room, Marina, or Pool Deck, guests can view a variety of wild ocean life, from rockfish and dolphins, to a colony of sea lions and whales.
Within 3 blocks of the Portofino Hotel & Marina - A Noble House Hotel, the beach and Redondo Beach Pier offer all the recreational opportunities associated with Southern California's surf, sand, and seaside living. Among the area's many golf courses open to the public is semi-private Palos Verdes Golf Club, 5.5 miles away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel in the Los Angeles area; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles on site
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 1 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Deposit: USD 120.00 per night
- Destination fee: USD 10.95 per accommodation, per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10.00 and USD 25.00 for adults, USD 10.00 and USD 12.00 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 27.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 27.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Portofino Hotel & Marina
We should mention
Pool access available from 7 AM to 10 PM.Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.