Infested with black mold!!!
Posted Feb 12, 2017
I woke up after my first night and felt so sick. I looked up at the ceiling and saw that there was a big water mark on the ceiling, above my head, with obvious black mold. I freaked out and immediately demanded a different room. They gave me another room, I transferred my things into the new room, then later was taking a shower, which led to more horror. There was no cover over the bulbs in the the shower, and then realized that there was mold all over the bathroom walls and in the grout of the tiles. Then I saw the floor board was separating from the wall near the ac/heat unit, so I pulled it back a little and discovered that the wall was infested with black mold and someone had obviously just been trying to hide it. we complained, and their response was "well you should have noticed it when you walked through the room before you put your stuff in the room." And they didn't change our room again. So I sucked it up and slept there for the night, which was a huge mistake because I woke up with my eye swollen shut, super red, and hurt really badly. I went to an urgent care, which I learned that I had gotten pink eye. I asked about the black mold to the doctor, and she said that the black mold was absolutely the culprit to me contracting pink eye. I was in town for business, for a photo shoot, and I had to end up cancelling the shoot and losing out on that money. So my trip was basically a waste of time where I lost money because of how unsanitary and disgusting the hotel is!