Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Jan 2017
Posted Jan 22, 2017
- Each room has a beach view due to the resort being constructed into a mountainside. Excellent, postcard views from EVERY location.
- Food at most restaurants is excellent. The Bistro is great for your every day. Tazuno was excellent for dinner.
-Service at the bars/poolside was above par. Clearly influenced by your ability to tip the servers $1 or so every order. If you don't tip anything, and order tons of things, you will get slower service.
- The rooms and grounds are well-maintained. This is a "nice" resort. We were not expecting the level of elegant features,etc, nothing was run-down looking.
- You cannot swim in the beach at the Sunset Beach location.. It is not "inadvisable" or at your own risk, you literally cannot get in the water due to guards on the beach because of the undertow. This may be a deal-breaker for some.
- It was not an issue for us; however, because the resort is very scenic and on the mountainside, you will be walking up steep hills, or taking easily accessible shuttles to get anywhere. These are very easy to access, we never waited.
- La Nao Buffet was average food every time we went. Not enough meat/major options to eat, just tons of dry pastries and sides it seemed.
- Individuals will try to sell you things while you eat at the Bistro. We are in our late 20's so were not hassled as much, but this is just distasteful. I understand the want to sell timeshares/activities, but why when you are trying to enjoy a restaurant?