Quiet Community with Amenities
Posted Mar 14, 2015 on Orbitz
This is a residential community with amenities (restaurant, spa, several pools). It was a decent value in terms of space, & amenities. It is not on the beach, but several miles from town on the north side of the highway, up the hill. A rental car is recommended. The residents seem to be a combination of middle class locals, retirees from the US and some vacation rentals. It did not have a tourist resort feel, but more of a mostly quiet community with amenities.
• Very nice, polite, helpful employees.
• Nice views from the main club/pool and restaurant.
• Good value for amenities. The restaurant was a good value as was the spa.
• The Spa. On a US budget, the massages were really a good value ($40US). The spa is very nice, with all the right sounds, smells and décor (bubbling water, fragrances, dim lighting and candles, etc.), and a very good massage.
• There are several pools and they are very sparsely used.
The not good:
• Not walkable to anything in downtown Cabo. It feels remote and you should have a rental car to avoid waiting long periods for a taxi.
• Not on the beach, which is several miles away.
• Doesn’t have the resort feel, where you are meeting people from around the world and the vibe of people on vacation.
• Our home was advertised as an ocean view, but there were no views from any window in the house (it faced homes across the street). You had to go upstairs to a roof deck for a view, which we didn’t get to use much.
• Several items were broken in our home (TV, living room air conditioner, back-up in laundry drain). All but the air conditioner were fixed when we called the resort.