Get an overview of this hotelHistoric, elegant hotel in downtown Louisville
Popular property highlights
This hotel is located in the Theater district, half-block from the Palace Theatre, adjacent to the Brown Theatre, two blocks from Fourth Street Live, and a few blocks from the KFC Yum! Center.
Old meets new
Although the décor favors a Southern antique style, the hotel also offers modern conveniences such as complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel.
Premium bedding--including European goose down duvets, feathers beds, and 310-thread count sheets--is standard in every unique and spacious guestroom.
- Comfortable rooms
- Good location
- Breakfast and onsite bar
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Guestroom size
- Overall value wasn’t the best
The Brown Hotel
This smoke-free hotel offers complimentary wireless Internet access in all common areas, 33,420 square feet of meeting space, and guestrooms. A 24-hour business center with three computer workstations is also available.
On-site fine dining is offered at the renowned English Grill. Complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service is available, as well as shuttle service to locations within a one-mile radius of the hotel. Guests can also take advantage of a fitness area with stair machine, and free weights.
- Concierge services
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Free airport transportation
- Conference space
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 293
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 16
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms 9
- Conference space size (meters) - 3105
- Number of restaurants - 3
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 33420
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Number of meeting rooms - 17
- Free area shuttle
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
English Grill - With a reputation for fine Continental cuisine, the English Grill attracts hotel guests and discerning locals. Open for dinner Monday-Saturday. Dark wood furnishings, crisp white tablecloths. Reservations suggested.
J. Graham's Cafe - Casual restaurant open for breakfast and lunch, with a lunch buffet Tuesday-Friday. Serves gourmet salads, light main courses, and its signature sandwich, the “Hot Brown.” Also provides the hotel's 24-hour room service menu.
Lobby Bar - Serving cocktails and light fare from mid-afternoon until evening. Live piano music on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel has a fitness center with a treadmill and free weights.
Guests receive discount admission to the nearby YMCA, located three blocks away, which offers fitness classes, racquetball courts, and swimming pool. Nearby Central Park, located one mile away, includes a playground, tennis courts, and volleyball courts. Cherokee Park, three miles away, includes a nine-hole golf course, hiking trails, bird sanctuary, and fishing pond.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 20 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 24 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: USD 50
- Refrigerator fee: USD 5 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Brown Hotel
- Brown Hotel Louisville
- Brown Louisville
- Hotel Brown
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details on arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Brown Hotel is listed in the 2015 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.