A terrific location close to old town and a really friendly staff! The breakfast was completely uninspiring, though. Perhaps because this venue skews toward a younger crowd, there was A LOT OF NOISE in the halls at night. Doors slamming, people talking LOUDLY on phones (in their rooms, and in the halls). The room was a comfortable size and very clean with a comfy bed. The shower door leaked a LOT of water onto the floor.
- Lucerne Town Hall
- 2 min walk
- Saint Peters Church
- 4 min walk
- Jesuit Church
- 5 min walk
- Zurich (ZRH)
- 50 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-800-238-0767
About this area
- Lucerne Town Hall - 2 min walk
- Saint Peters Church - 4 min walk
- Chapel Bridge - 4 min walk
- Jesuit Church - 5 min walk
- Mt. Rigi - 7 min walk
- Lucerne Station - 8 min walk
- Zurich (ZRH) - 50 min drive
About this property
A restaurant, a coffee shop/café, and tour/ticket assistance are available at this smoke-free hostel. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a garden and a picnic area. All 60 rooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, plus fans and showers.
Special check-in instructions
If you are planning to arrive after 11 PM please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation. Guests planning to arrive outside of normal check-in hours must contact the property in advance for check-in instructions and key retrieval information. There is no staff on site; guests can access their accommodation through a private entrance.
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CHF 10 per pet, per night
- 1 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Property payment types
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 4.00 per person, per night for adults; CHF 4.00 per night for guests aged 12-18 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Tourism fee: CHF 4 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CHF 9.50 for adults and CHF 5.00 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: CHF 10 per pet, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Barabas Hostel Lucerne
- Barabas Hostel
- Barabas Lucerne
- Barabas Lucerne
- Barabas Hostel/Backpacker accommodation
- Barabas Hostel/Backpacker accommodation Lucerne
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi and wired Internet
- Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Parking and transportation
- No onsite parking available
Food and drink
- Buffet breakfast available for a fee daily 7:30 AM–10:30 AM: CHF 9.50 for adults and CHF 5.00 for children
- 1 restaurant and 1 coffee shop/café
- No elevators
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Housekeeping (once per stay)
- Luggage storage
- Tour/ticket assistance
- Picnic area
- Smoke-free property
- Climate control (heating)
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)