Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury hotel with 2 restaurants and full-service spa
Popular property highlights
Situated in a national park, this luxury hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Temple of the Condor and Huayna Picchu. Winaywayna Park and Manuel Chavez Ballon Site Museum are also within 6 mi (10 km).
Along with 2 restaurants, this smoke-free hotel has a full-service spa and a bar/lounge. Free WiFi in public areas and a free manager's reception are also provided. Additionally, massage/treatment rooms, 24-hour room service, and concierge services are onsite.
All 31 rooms feature thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers, plus free WiFi, free wired Internet, and LCD TVs with satellite channels. Other amenities available to guests include dryers, iPod docks, and 24-hour room service.
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge features a full-service spa. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Each day guests can enjoy a complimentary manager's reception. Wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This luxury hotel also offers spa services, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. For a surcharge, the property provides a train station pick-up service and a train station drop-off service.
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Train station drop-off (surcharge)
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Free reception
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 31
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- DVD player
- Access via exterior corridors
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- In-room safe
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- iPod docking station
- Number of bathrooms -
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
A complimentary manager's reception is offered each day.
Tinkuy Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Tampu Restaurant Bar - This restaurant specializes in Peruvian cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Ecotours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails on site
Guests can pamper themselves with a trip to the onsite spa, which has 1 treatment room. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, sports massages, and massages. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and reflexology.
The spa is open daily. Children under 18 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision. Guests under 13 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 1
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Minimum age to access spa is 13
- Sports massage
- Detoxification wrap
Check-in time starts at 1 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 5 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: PEN 345.00
- Christmas Day (25 December) Gala Dinner per adult: PEN 345.00
- The national sales tax (18%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Peru regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying in the country for 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners who present a valid passport and Andean Migration Card (Tarjeta Andina de Migración) at check-in are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
- New Year's Eve gala dinner fee
- Fee for buffet breakfast: PEN 90 per person (approximately)
- An early check-in fee will be charged
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Lodge Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Lodge
- Machu Picchu Lodge Sanctuary
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge
- Sanctuary Lodge
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu
- Sanctuary Machu Picchu
- Sanctuary Machu Picchu Lodge
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
- Belmond Sanctuary Machu Picchu
- Belmond Sanctuary
We should mention
Guests must transfer via required shuttle to the property. Guests must contact the property at least 72 hours before travel, using the contact information on the confirmation received after booking. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A fee for a mandatory New Year's Eve gala dinner is included in the total price displayed for stays on 31 December. One child 5 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.