Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelMadrid hotel near Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor
Popular property highlights
Near Plaza Mayor
Right in the heart of Madrid, this hotel is close to dining, nightlife, art, culture, shopping, museums (Prado, Thyssen-Bornemisza, and Reina Sofía), and next to the commercial and business area as well as tourist attractions, such as Retiro Park, Puerta del Sol, Royal Palace.
Bar and restaurants
Guests of the ME Madrid can enjoy cocktails and total rock decadence in the rooftop bar that rises high above the Plaza de Santa Ana. The ground floor offers a hip international restaurant.
The 192 distinctive guestrooms have bright decor in rich colors and fabrics; all offer an in-room bar, luxury bathroom, feather-top bedding, satellite television, wireless Internet, and in-room safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
ME Madrid by Melia
Guests of the ME Madrid by Melia can enjoy music and cocktails in the Rooftop Bar with impressive views over Madrid. The Club Metropolitan Palacio, located right next door to the hotel, features classes such as funk and hip hop, and Thai Chi, and guests can relax after a hard workout in the spa and beauty center. Special discounts on spa treatments are offered to hotel guests.
The hotel offers ‘everything is possible' service for any needs guests may have, while other practical amenities include multilingual staff, a 24-hour front desk, safe-deposit boxes, tour assistance, and parking (surcharge). 7 separate function rooms for meetings and events are available, as well as free WiFi, and a technology helpdesk.
- Express check-in
- Babysitting or childcare
- Rooftop terrace
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 7
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Health club
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 275
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 2960
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 192
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Rainfall showerhead
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Plasma TV
- iPod docking station
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free WiFi
- Soundproofed rooms
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Ana la Santa - Offers a new type of cuisine with the highest quality products and familiar recipes. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Roof - Modern lounge bar on the rooftop, with outdoor seating and panoramic views over Madrid. Contemporary design and very relaxed atmosphere, serving cocktails and other drinks. Open until 3 AM, subject to change.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests of the hotel have access to a health club. The recreational activities listed below are available either onsite or near the hotel; fees may apply.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 60.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 50 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of EUR 50 per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 25 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 30 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 30 per day
- Pet deposit: EUR 50 per stay
- Pet fee: EUR 50 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 60.0 per night
- A facilities fee includes use of:
- Hotel ME Madrid
- Madrid ME
- Me Madrid Reina Victoria Hotel Madrid
- ME Madrid Melia Hotel
- ME Madrid Melia
- ME Madrid
We should mention
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2500, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- ME Madrid by Melia is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.