Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Madrid hotel near Museo del Prado
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.See details
By Orfila Gallery
This 19th-century Belle Epoque hotel is in the Salamanca district, on a gallery-lined residential avenue opposite Orfila Art Gallery; Plaza de Colón is just steps away, as is the Museo Reina Sofía.
The Relais & Châteaux Hotel Orfila's period furnishings carry into the gourmet restaurant, which offers a breakfast buffet, international specialties, and courtyard garden dining.
The 32 guestrooms encircle the courtyard and feature 19th-century furniture and bathrooms with jetted tubs; all have minibars and wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Relais & Châteaux Hotel Orfila
Relais & Châteaux Hotel Orfila rests next to the scenic Plaza de Colón, less than 1.5 miles (2.4 km) from the Prado, Thyssen-Bornemisza, and Reina Sofía museums. Spend the afternoon strolling neraby Parque de El Retiro, or visit the world-famous Plaza Mayor, all only minutes from the front door.
The Relais & Châteaux Hotel Orfila's meeting room is located downstairs from the lobby, past an original painting of a pastoral scene by Luculo (an art restorer at the Prado). The eaves of the roof are glass, allowing natural light to enter from the courtyard garden. There is a capacity for up to 90 people, and audio-visual equipment is available. Wireless Internet access is complimentary in public areas. In spite of modern amenities, all furniture is 19th-century.
The 2-level courtyard garden bursts into blossom in summer with yellow, sweet-scented mimosa. Mandarin trees flourish until late autumn and bay trees keep the garden green year round. At the end of the garden, the wall is painted with a trompe l'oeil landscape mural by Luculo.
- Free WiFi
- Number of floors - 5
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Airport transportation - pickup (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 32
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Free valet parking
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free valet parking
- Free WiFi
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Jetted bathtub
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Plasma TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
El Jardin de Orfila - Breakfast buffet and à la carte lunch and dinner are served in this bright room, decorated in yellow and caramel. There are just 20 covers, all much in demand. The cuisine is Spanish Mediterranean and international. Suckling pig in pear cream is the specialty. In summer, guests can dine al fresco for a candlelit evening meal.
Tea room - Located at the far end and to the right of the lobby, this offers direct access to the courtyard garden. Snacks and drinks are served here all day but it is particularly popular for afternoon tea and pastries. It also hosts private lunches and dinners.
The Bar - Located to the right of the lobby, this intimate area is decorated with green fabric-covered banquettes, 19th-century chairs and bold English maroon and green-striped wallpaper. The cocktails served here from midday until late are renowned. The fruity red Agnes Sorel wine is the specialty of the house.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests are entitled to discounted rates at the nearby Club Financiero Genova. The hotel arranges hunting excursions.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 20 per pet, per day
- 1 per room (up to 8 kg)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 33 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 104 per vehicle
- Pet fee: EUR 20 per pet, per day
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Hotel Orfila
- Orfila Hotel
- Relais & Châteaux Hotel Orfila
- Relais & Châteaux Hotel Orfila Madrid
- Relais Châteaux Orfila
- Relais Châteaux Orfila Madrid
- Relais Châteaux Hotel Orfila Madrid
- Relais Châteaux Hotel Orfila
We should mention
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2500, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Relais & Châteaux Hotel Orfila is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- The property is a member of Relais & Chateaux.