Get an overview of this hotelCentral splendor near Reina Sofia Art Center
Popular property highlights
Overlooking the Neptune Fountain and its quiet plaza, this regal Madrid hotel lies opposite the Prado and Thyssen-Bornemisza museums and two blocks from the Reina Sofia Art Center.
Guests at this 5-star property can enjoy rooftop views from a 24-hour fitness center and conversation under a stained-glass rotunda dome, an original feature built for King Alfonso XIII.
The Westin Palace Madrid's 470 rooms are decorated in Belle Epoque style and include air conditioning, LCD TVs, and spacious marble baths with anti-mist mirrors.
- Comfortable rooms
- Good location
- Proximity to public transit
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Overall value wasn’t the best
The Westin Palace, Madrid
The Westin Palace Madrid's modular meeting rooms and banquet lounges are soundproofed and equipped with microphones and audio-visual systems. Their total capacity is 800. Medinaceli Lounge, at 418 square meters, is the largest. The smallest rooms - Hemingway Lounge (42 square meters) and Mata Hari Lounge (55 square meters) are named after former hotel guests. In all meeting rooms, remote control digital touch screens operate automatically operating curtains, screens and ISDN Internet connections. Some of the rooms are wood-paneled, with Venetian chandeliers. All benefit from natural daylight.
The business center on the ground floor, adjacent to the front desk, has telephone and fax services, wired and wireless Internet access (both for surcharge), telephone booths, and meeting area. Mobile phones are available for hire, and secretarial and translation services are available.
Light snacks, fruit juice and beverages can be enjoyed on the outdoor terrace overlooking the square, the Jeronimos Royal Monastery, and the Retiro park.
The WestinWORKOUT Gym is open 24 hours a day and features TechnoGym cardio equipment, multi-screen TVs, and its own sound system.
R'diffusion beauty treatments, including facials, massage, epilation, manicure and pedicure, are available on the sixth floor. A small hairdressers of the same name is located on the second floor.
Valet parking is available for a fee.
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 470
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 6
- Hair salon
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Year Built 1912
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms 33
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( EUR 19 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( EUR 19 per day )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free newspaper
- Soundproofed rooms
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room massage available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- LED TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
La Rotonda - International and Spanish cuisine is served at this informal, semi-circular restaurant, surrounding the great dome beneath the Palace Bar. A buffet is served here for breakfast and lunch. There is a la carte dining in the evening.
Asia Gallery - Serves Cantonese cuisine in a 1920s-style venue. Specialises in Peking Duck and fresh, soft crabs.
Palace Bar - Set in the most dramatic room of the hotel, the bar is dominated by the Art Nouveau stained-glass dome with its flower motif, from which a large chandelier is suspended. Cocktails (particularly dry martinis or a choice from over 700 wines in the adjoining cellar) are enjoyed day long by guests firmly ensconsed in the green-leather armchairs or navy-blue divans. Live piano music is played for afternoon tea.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at 1 AM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 55 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 33 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: EUR 225.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: EUR 585.00
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 38 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 19 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: EUR 19 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: EUR 19 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: EUR 19 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 38.77 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 33 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 55 per night
- Madrid Palace Westin
- Madrid Westin Palace
- Palace Madrid
- Palace Madrid Westin
- Westin Madrid
- Westin Madrid Palace
- Westin Palace
- Westin Palace Hotel
- Westin Palace Hotel Madrid
- Westin Palace Madrid
- The Westin Palace Madrid Hotel Madrid
- Westin Palace Madrid Hotel
We should mention
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2500, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Westin Palace, Madrid is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 List.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.