Families will find kid-friendly activities in Maitland, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Around the area, top sights include Universal Studios Florida™, SeaWorld® Orlando, and Universal’s Islands of Adventure™.
- You'll find 8989 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Orlando
- The closest major airport is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maitland
The picturesque setting of Lake Lily Park and Kewannee Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Holocaust Memorial Resource and Education Center of Florida and Maitland Historical Society.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Maitland. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Thurston House - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Maitland - Our customers like the location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Sheraton Orlando North Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Universal Studios Florida™, 13.2 mi/21.2 km from the city center, and SeaWorld® Orlando, which is 16.4 mi (26.4 km) away.
Dressing for Maitland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 53.19 inches of rain falls on Maitland each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 52°F