Get an overview of this hotelMelaka hotel with pool and tennis, near Christ Church
Popular property highlights
Near A Famosa fortress
Centrally located in Melaka, this property is 400 metres (0.2 mi) from A Famosa, 1 km from Christ Church (0.5 mi), 1.5 km (0.75 mi) from St. Paul's Church, and 2.5 km (1.5 mi) from St. John's Fort. Melaka Zoo is 13 km (8 mi) away.
Recreational amenities at Hotel Equatorial Melaka include an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and tennis courts. The hotel offers several restaurants, and 24-hour room service is available.
In-room safes, minibars
Guestrooms offer city or sea views. Amenities include cable IPTVs, free WiFi, minibars, and coffee/tea makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Hotel Equatorial Melaka
This hotel is an international business hotel with 495 furnished rooms offering spectacular views of the Straits of Malacca and historical landmarks. Within walking distance are several historical sites, shopping malls, and the famous Jonker Street.
Hotel Equatorial Melaka features an outdoor pool surrounded by palm trees, parasols, and sun loungers. Additional recreational amenities include an outdoor tennis court, a fitness center, separate male and female saunas and steam rooms. Spa services are also available onsite, with surcharges applicable.
The hotel has 3 restaurants, a lounge, and a coffee corner with pastries, cakes and coffee/tea delights. Seri Nyonya Peranakan Restaurant serves authentic Peranakan cuisine. Local and international dishes are also available in the other restaurants in the hotel. Event facilities include conference rooms, a large ballroom, banquet facilities, and meeting and conference facilities. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in all public areas of the hotel.
Additional amenities at this 5-star property include a business center, concierge services, luggage storage, express check-in, free newspapers at lobby, tour assistance, free parking, valet parking (surcharge), and airport transportation (surcharge). Dry cleaning and laundry services are offered, in addition to guest laundry facilities. Guests are advised to drop their luggage off at the hotel lobby before proceeding to the hotel car park.
At Hotel Equatorial you will breathe cleaner air as the hotel is located in the smoke-free zone of Melaka Raya. All guest rooms and public spaces in the hotel are 100% smoke-free (fines apply for violations).
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 10
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1998
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Free WiFi
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Steam room
- Outdoor pool
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Children's pool
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 4
- Concierge services
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 495
- Number of floors - 22
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Soundproofed rooms
- Free bottled water
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free WiFi
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
Where to Eat
Seri Nyonya Peranakan Restaurant - Traditional Peranakan cuisine. Open daily for lunch and dinner.
Rest House Café - Local and international cuisine. Provides à la carte and buffet-style dining. Open daily from early morning until late night.
K5, The Street Bistro - Casual, open-air restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Menu includes pizza and pasta. Open 24-hours daily.
etc... Coffee Corner - Gourmet coffee, pastries, and convenience goods. Open daily from early morning until late night.
Flo - Trendy lounge offering extensive varieties of wine, cocktails, and cigars. Live entertainment. Open daily from late afternoon until late night.
Room Service is available around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
Children under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult at certain recreation facilities. Children must be accompanied by adult at the swimming pool.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: MYR 200.00 per night
- A tax is imposed by the city and collected at the property. Exemptions or reductions might apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: MYR 2.00 per accommodation, per night
- A tax of MYR 10.00 per accommodation, per night is imposed by the country of Malaysia and collected at the property. Permanent residents and Malaysian nationals are exempt from the tax. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: MYR 40 for adults and MYR 26 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: MYR 20.00 per day
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Equatorial Hotel Melaka
- Equatorial Melaka
- Equatorial Melaka Hotel
- Equatorial Melaka Malacca
- Hotel Equatorial Melaka
- Hotel Equatorial Melaka Malacca
- Hotel Melaka Equatorial
- Melaka Equatorial
- Melaka Equatorial Hotel
- Melaka Hotel Equatorial
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.