Decent quality for price, but could be better
Posted Sep 12, 2016
We stayed at the Club Salina Wharf hotel for a week. We booked a Deluxe Apartment, hoping to get a double bed and some extra quality, even if that meant paying a bit more. We were disappointed.
About the apartment:
- Bed linen and towels were provided with the apartment.
- Cutlery, glasses, frying pans were provided as well, although the amount of kitchen pans was rather limited.
- Scouring pad, dishwasher soap and dish towels were not provided.
- Shower gel or soap was also not provided.
The lack of these items should have been better advertised, and it is certainly an environmental waste to force guests to buy these things that are later disposed of. We have stayed in other apartments that supply them.
- There was an air conditioning unit in the room that malfunctioned on the first night. Although we reported it to reception, it didn't get fixed during the week and we didn't see any attempt at it.
- There were two other units in the living room, of which only one worked.
- The "double bed" was two single beds put next to each other. This might be OK for an standard apartment, but is not OK for a "deluxe" one.
- The shower barely had pressure. The bath wasn't too clean, and parts of it almost fall apart.
The apartment was spacious and the beds were comfortable, there was a nice balcony with views to the sea, and it was quiet at nights so we could rest well at nights. The hotel has two swimming pools: indoors and outdoors. They were nice, clean and enjoyable.