Visitors can enjoy all that Malung has to offer including the golf courses, ski areas, and live music. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and monuments.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Mora (MXX-Siljan), 36.6 mi (58.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Torsby (TYF-Fryklanda), 39.6 mi (63.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Malung
Favorite places to visit in the city include Malung Church, City Park, and Wille Toors Square. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Värdshuset Lugnet - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Getting Around Malung
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Malung Station. Malung may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Malung
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 43°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 54°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Malung gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F