Visiting Mammoth Hot Springs
Visitors can enjoy all that Mammoth Hot Springs has to offer including its parks. A top sight in the city is Mammoth Hot Springs.
- There are 64 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in West Yellowstone, MT (WYS-Yellowstone), 27.1 mi (43.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mammoth Hot Springs
The picturesque setting of Mammoth Hot Springs and Bunsen Peak exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Fort Yellowstone Historic District to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to Mammoth Hot Springs, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 54 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Mammoth Hot Springs & Cabins - Inside the Park is 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from central Mammoth Hot Springs. This 2.5-star hotel in Mammoth Hot Springs features a restaurant and free parking.
- Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs is 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the center of Mammoth Hot Springs. This 2.5-star hotel in Gardiner features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and quiet location.
- The Roosevelt Hotel - Yellowstone is located 5.6 mi (9 km) from the heart of Mammoth Hot Springs. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Gardiner can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Mammoth Hot Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 0°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 17°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 24°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and -2°F at night
- About 22.83 inches of rain falls on Mammoth Hot Springs each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 0°F