Visiting Mammoth Lakes
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mammoth Lakes, and visitors give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and lakeside setting. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe.
- There are 1631 hotels and other accommodations in Mammoth Lakes
- The closest major airport is in Mammoth Lakes, CA (MMH-Mammoth Yosemite), 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bishop, CA (BIH-Eastern Sierra Regional), 38.7 mi (62.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mammoth Lakes
Cultural venues in the city include Edison Theater, Mammoth Ski Museum, and Top of the Sierra Interpretive Center. The mountain views, lakeside, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Mammoth Mountain, Crystal Lake Trailhead, and Convict Lake are worth a visit. Skiing, snowboarding, and fishing are top activities, while sights to visit include Sierra Star Golf Course, Tamarack Cross Country Ski Center, and Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort.
In Mammoth Lakes, you'll find 1631 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aspen Creek by 101 Great Escapes - This 3.5-star condo features an outdoor pool, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia travelers love its clean rooms.
- The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Edelweiss Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Mammoth Lakes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 16°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Mammoth Lakes is 36.30 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F