Wonderful and disappointing
Posted Nov 20, 2016
1) Cora at the Pantry took great care of me.
2) The Buffet is great and responsive to special requests.
3) The garden/waterfall is beautiful and peaceful.
4) Many of the staff are beautifully warm and friendly.
5) The lobby is pleasing.
1) Given the wrong check-out time on our room keys.
2) Not upgraded in the expedia upgrade and staff wanted to charge me again for a prepaid room.
3) Slow check in and computer time.
4) Elevators are confusing due to two room key systems that are unlabeled.
5) The general manager Bruno proved almost impossible to reach after six attempts with staff blocking me at every turn, no voice-mail, and him constantly wanting to pass me off to other staff.
6) The room was stained, dusty, dirty, in poor repair with the dirtiest windows I have ever seen in any building in my life, let alone a 4.5 star hotel.
7) The toilet took 4 minutes to flush.
8) The mirror was failing, the screws were black and rusty in the tub, the hairdryer could not work in the bathroom, the sink was low, the bed was uncomfortable, the cover thin, the reading light flickered, etc. etc.
9) The room temp was freezing when we walked in because the house cleaner turned it to zero and there is no heater to warm things up. This happened AGAIN when the room was cleaned, after we went to the trouble of warming the room with the hair dryer.
10) All of this is billed at 5 star prices.