Hotel was fine but dodgy area
Posted May 24, 2015
We only stayed in Manila for 1 night to break up the journey returning to the UK.
If you absolutely have to stay in Manila this hotel is fine and does the job.
- We stayed on 3rd floor - couldn't hear any outside noise - good night sleep.
- 2 min walk to Robinson shopping mall for last minute shopping and plenty of eating options
- Quite close to airport - about 1/2 hr without traffic.
- Reasonably priced.
- Small but functional rooms - not suitable for more than 1 or 2 nights stay
- Area didn't feel very safe - sign on reception saying 'please deposit firearms'! But to be honest I'm not convinced there is any part of this city that is. I'm being VERY restrained with my choice of wording - this is the most vile, dirty, seedy City I have ever visited and I consider myself well travelled. AVOID if possible. Shame this place has now formed part of our memory of the Philippines.
The only place that felt safe was the mall - probably because it had metal scanners as you entered.