Visitors to Manteo are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, gardens, and museums. A top sight in the area is Wright Brothers National Memorial.
- There are 60 hotels and other accommodations in Manteo
- The closest major airport is in Manteo, NC (MEO-Dare County Regional), 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Manteo
The city is notable for landmarks like Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse, Island Farm, and Fort Raleigh National Historic Site. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Roanoke Island. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Festival Park and Outer Banks History Center.
In Manteo, you'll find 60 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- White Doe Inn - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Cameron House Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Elizabethan Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Wright Brothers National Memorial, 8 mi/12.9 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Manteo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.96 inches of rain falls on Manteo each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F