Visitors to Margate are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, shopping, and restaurants. Top sights in the area include The Gabba, Queen Street Mall, and Roma Street Parkland.
- You'll find 586 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brisbane
- The closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Margate
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Sutton's Beach. You'll also find Redcliffe Botanic Gardens and Redcliffe Museum in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Margate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Margate House Boutique Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and location.
- The Sebel Brisbane Margate Beach - This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Pale Pacific Holiday Units - With a stay at this 2.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Margate
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- Average annual rainfall for Margate is 44.49 inches
- Usually February and December are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 50°F