Great until the fire !
Posted Sep 20, 2016
We stayed one night on the 4th floor in a courtyard facing room. Rooms were recently updated, and very nice, extremely roomy, and large very nicely renovated bathrooms with a skylight.
Staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful.
Unfortunately in the morning, we went down the street for breakfast, and when we returned to our hotel it was on fire.
Smoke billowing out of the roof.
There is a popular restaurant on the ground floor (not operated by the hotel), that had a grease fire or something, and the hotel was evacuated. We were flying back to Canada that day, so needed our laptop & Passports and baggage from our rooms, so I just ignored the staff and went to our room via the stairs and gathered everything up quickly. Had I not done that we would have missed our flight as it was going to be 3 or 4 hours before they would have let you back into your rooms .... it wasn't that smoky.
Made for an exciting morning to say the least.
I must restate it was no fault of the hotel.... great location, great staff, very clean, nicely updated large rooms.