great value, beware of a few things...
Posted Jun 30, 2016
I stayed here for 4/10 days when i was in Marrakech. It was great value considering the area it was in - close to the sofitel, novotel, and mamounia. It was also close to the market and square (15 minute walk), close to the Menara Mall (15 minute walk) and we were able to walk for about 40 minutes to the Marjorelle Gardens. Here are a few things to beware of if you stay there:
- they were in the middle of some renovations on the floors directly above us and started early every morning.
- the massage is not worth your time or money, these people are not RMT's. I would recommend it if you like having oil rubbed on you
- the Hammam scrub was ok, i feel like she skipped a step or two
- we booked a tour to the Ourzoud falls and were charged 400dh, when we got to the tour, we found out that other people paid 200dh for the same tour. the only difference was we had lunch included. ALSO, you would assume that everything is inclusive but you are required to pay for the boat ride (that is a part of the tour) and the tour guide will demand that you pay him an additional 20-35dh (i'm pretty sure that's "tip" and not a required pmt).
- although they escort you into their dinner buffet, you should know it's not included. 290dh is better spent on something else
- the front desk staff is helpful but definitely BEWARE OF BEING SHORTCHANGED! always count your change! They won't take a tip, but they will take your change??