The Bear’s Den is a spacious cabin nestled in the WV mountains, with everything you need for your getaway!
- Relax in our huge 4,000+ sq foot cabin with vaulted ceilings, screened-in porch, and fireplace
- Grill on the deck, nestled in the woods
- Enjoy the hiking & walking trails steps right out your front door
- Enjoy the heated pools, lake, & tennis/basketball courts
- Drive 5 minutes to the local brewery, or 10 mins into town for dozens of restaurants & shops
Our family-friendly cabin is packed with amenities and fun for couples, families or large groups of friends.
The cabin includes:
- 5 bedrooms with 6 beds + 4 sets of bunk beds
- A huge deck surrounded by trees, with a propane grill
- Central AC and heat
- Fully-stocked kitchen with a stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, and island
- Wood fireplace to keep you cozy at night
Note that while WiFi is available, the download speeds are about 2.5-3 Mbps. That's just enough to stream movies, but it may be a little laggy. But definitely fast enough for regular web browsing and WFH!
We often take our two little kids and dog to the cabin with us, so we're very family- and dog-friendly.
Beyond the cabin itself, you’ll have access to all the amenities in the Coolfont cabin community, including:
- Heated outdoor swimming & kiddie pool
- Hot tub
- Tennis and basketball courts
- Rec field and “tot lot”
- Private hiking trails that head right into the mountains of the Cacapon State Park
(Note: pools and hot tub are only available Memorial Day to Labor Day, sorry!)
And we love how close to everything we are -- particularly all the restaurants and shops in Berkeley Springs. You’re less than a 10 minute drive from downtown -- with Berkeley Springs Brewing Company less than 5 minutes away!
COVID update: we're taking the coronavirus risk seriously, and have taken steps to ensure you're able to fully enjoy your stay:
- We're using disinfecting spray on all surfaces and handles (doors, appliances) and only using disposable paper towels when cleaning
- Our cleaners are washing their hands thoroughly as soon as they arrive at the cabin
- If a cleaner is showing signs of sickness, they will be staying home and not allowed in the cabin
We hope you enjoy your visit, and want you to stay healthy! If anything, now's probably a better time than ever to get away to the woods!