Considering a stop at Maryland Heights?
While you might not have heard of Frederick, the destination it resides in, it's likely that you're aware of the state capital, Annapolis, 70 miles away.
You will be able to choose a place to stay to suit your tastes. There are 2 nearby. The Econo Lodge and Knights Inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry can be found within a mere 2 miles of Maryland Heights.
Don't forget to refuel with a delicious snack and a rejuvenating cup of coffee at A La Mode Cafe (113 Potomac Street, Harpers Ferry). Coffee Mill (140 Potomac Street, Harpers Ferry) is easy to reach and it serves delightful dinners for local community members and sightseers from all walks of life.
Other Places to Visit near Maryland Heights
Maryland Heights is not the only popular thing to do in the vicinity:
- Make sure you add John Brown's Fort to your itinerary. Imagine what everyday life was like in the area long ago as you stare in awe of this fascinating historic building.
- Enjoy a trip back in time at Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, an interesting place for history enthusiasts.
- Trying to find a worthwhile activity when the weather isn't so good? Discover John Brown Wax Museum to spend time inside among the interesting exhibits.
- The first stop on your itinerary should be Appalachian Trail Conservancy Headquarters. Here, you will be able to get some great ideas and orientate yourself before you set out exploring.
- Can you imagine taking a picture with a beloved public figure? Plan a trip to John Brown Museum, where loads of fans flock to witness famed wax figures.
The nearest rail stop to Maryland Heights is Harpers Ferry Station, and you’ll be glad to know it's within an easy walk.