Visiting Mason City
Visitors to Mason City are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, live music, and art.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Mason City
- The closest major airport is in Mason City, IA (MCW-Mason City Municipal), 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mason City
Cultural venues in the city include Surf Ballroom and Museum, Winnebago Industries Factory, and Carrie Chapman Catt Girlhood Home and Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like The Historic Park Inn Hotel and City National Bank, Buddy Holly Crash Site, and Meredith Willson Boyhood Home. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Clear Lake State Park and Pilot Knob State Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Mason City. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cupola Inn Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room jetted tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Mason City - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mason City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 7°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 8°F
- Mason City gets about 35.20 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 10°F