Visitors can enjoy all that Matanzas has to offer including the riverfront, monuments, and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, museums, and theaters.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Matanzas
- The closest major airport is in Varadero (VRA-Juan Gualberto Gomez), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Matanzas
Cultural venues in the city include Pharmaceutics Museum, Provincial Museum, and Sauto Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Ermita de Monserrate, Matanzas Cathedral, and Morrillo Castle. The picturesque setting of Parque de la Libertad and Las Cuevas de Bellamar exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Matanzas. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel E. Velasco is located in the heart of Matanzas. This 3.5-star hotel in Matanzas features free breakfast, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
- Casa Rabelo is located in central Matanzas. Guests who stay at this 2-star guesthouse in Matanzas can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room refrgerator.
- Litoral Matancero is located 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from the city center. This 2-star guesthouse in Matanzas features free parking, a bar, and a terrace.
Dressing for Matanzas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 67°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- Matanzas gets about 1.85 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 65°F