Find Hotels in Matsumoto
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $47
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Matsumoto are sure to enjoy the hot springs. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments, and art. Top sights in the city include Matsumoto City Museum, Matsumoto Castle, and Japan Ukiyo-e Museum. In Matsumoto, there are 211 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Matsumoto
Cultural venues in the city include Matsumoto City Museum, Japan Ukiyo-e Museum, and Matsumoto Performing Arts Center. Attractions like Lala Matsumoto, Yatsugatake Alpaca Farm, and Kamisuwa Onsen are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Matsumoto Castle, Daio Wasabi Farm, and Kappa Bridge.
In Matsumoto, you'll be able to select from 211 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- NOMANOMORI IN Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Hotel Tamanoyu - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this ryokan. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star ryokan in Asama Onsen can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel - Amenities at this 4-star hotel include parking and free Internet. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Matsumoto include Lake Suwa and Lake Shirakaba. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Ueda Castle, 19.6 mi/31.5 km from the heart of the city, and Nagano Prefectural Museum of History, which is 23 mi (37 km) away.
Getting Around Matsumoto
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Matsumoto is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Matsumoto Station, Shimonii Station, and Azusabashi Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Shiojiri Station, Hotaka station, or Shin shimashima station.
Dressing for Matsumoto
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Matsumoto is 43.97 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Matsumoto?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Matsumoto, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Matsumoto?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Matsumoto?
What's a favorite place to stay in Asama Onsen?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Matsumoto?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Matsumoto?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Matsumoto?
Where is the best place to stay close to Lake Suwa?
What about the best place to stay near Matsumoto Castle?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Matsumoto?
Recent reviews of Matsumoto hotels
More trip options
- Matsumoto Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Matsumoto Airports
- Hotels in Matsumoto Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Matsumoto Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Matsumoto
- More Hotel Options in Matsumoto
- Matsumoto Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Nagano
- Other Hotels near Matsumoto, Nagano
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends