Get an overview of this hotelKaanapali resort situated on historic Black Rock
Popular property highlights
This 23-acre beachfront resort offers access to Kaanapali Beach. Guests can snorkel within steps of the resort, walk to Whaler's Village shops, or golf at Kaanapali's championship courses.
Nightly cliff dive
Honoring the royal heritage of Pu'u Keka'a (Black Rock), one of Hawaii's most sacred cultural sites, the Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa celebrates the past with a nightly cliff diving ceremony with torch lighting and oceanfront luau.
Rooms feature signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, pillowtop mattresses, furnished lanais, and LCD flat-screen TVs.
- Good location
- Good for nightlife
- Helpful staff
- Bathrooms could've been nicer
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
This oceanfront West Maui resort adjoins Black Rock, which divides North and South Kaanapali beaches. Sheraton Maui Resort's 23 acres include lush tropical gardens with koi ponds and native plants.
Guests can attend talks about Hawaiian culture and marine life. Located on a private beach, chairs and umbrellas are available for a surcharge. Complimentary seating areas with shade are available on a first come, first served basis. The full-service Spa at Black Rock provides a sauna and a steam room as well as massages and body treatments. The resorts also provides several onsite dining options.
Wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 508
- Number of floors - 6
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- Number of poolside bars - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Designated smoking areas
- Shopping on site
- Concierge services
- Express check-in
- Laundry facilities
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 9
- Picnic area
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of restaurants - 4
- 24-hour business center
- Year Built 1963
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Spa services on site
- Children's pool
- Outdoor pool
- Coffee shop or café
- Wedding services
- Pool umbrellas
- Number of buildings/towers - 6
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Children's pool
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- DVD player
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per night ), Wired internet access ( USD 14.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- DVD player
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Access via exterior corridors
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Premium TV channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Pillowtop mattress
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Oceanfront Sunset Luau at Black Rock – Dinner. Traditional Hawaiian Luau feast with cocktails at sunset on an oceanfront lawn, with a breathtaking Polynesian revue. Reservations required.
Dinner Under the Stars – Intimate dining with personal butler service. Choose from a variety of romantic locations for a truly unique experience. Choice of 4 or 5 course menu or tailor your own. Reservations required.
Black Rock - Breakfast. Casual dining offering buffet style dining or a la carte menu. Children's menu available.
Teppan-yaki Dan - Dinner. Enjoy the show as your table-side chef prepares your choice of fresh seafood, steak, and accompaniments in Japanese teppan-yaki style. Reservations required.
Black Rock Steak & Seafood - Dinner. Elegant dining with indoor or outdoor terrace seating. A la carte menu plus special theme nights offering buffet prime rib, seafood, and more. Children's menu available. Reservations recommended.
Cliff Dive Grill – Named "Best BBQ Grill on Ka‘anapali Beach", the Cliff Dive Grill is the hot spot to enjoy drinks and Chef’s island inspired gourmet skewers featuring local fish, jumbo shrimp, premium beef and Maui vegetables prepared over an open flame.
Link@Sheraton Lounge – Full bar offering appetizers. Guest computer lounge with printing. Books, and leisure magazines available.
Nearby Things to Do
This West Maui resort is adjacent to beautiful Kaanapali Beach, popular for swimming, parasailing, catamaran rides, and other ocean play. The reefs around Black Rock offer superb snorkeling.
The resort's centerpiece is a complex of pools, waterways, and a 140-yard lagoon with grottos. Guests can relax with body treatments at the full-service spa.
Kaanapali's two 18-hole golf courses are across from the resort.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Pilates classes on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Golf lessons available nearby
The Spa at Black Rock features massage and assorted skin care therapies. Couples treatments are also available.
- Steam room in spa
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Pets allowed (no fees)
- Resort fee: USD 26.04 per accommodation, per night
- Shuttle service
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 35 for adults, USD 12 and USD 35 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 20.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 30.00 per day
- An in-room microwave is available for an additional fee
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per night
- Maui Sheraton
- Maui Sheraton Resort
- Sheraton Maui
- Sheraton Maui Lahaina
- Sheraton Maui Resort
- Sheraton Maui Resort Lahaina
- Sheraton Resort
- Sheraton Resort Maui
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Book a stay and enjoy the following: Children 17 and younger stay free when sharing a room with a paying adult; special children's menus and buffet prices for kids 12 and younger, available at hotel dining outlets; and children ages 3 and younger eat free from the children's menu at select outlets when dining with a paying adult eating from the regular menu.
Full details provided at check-in. Maximum room occupancy applies; see room detail descriptions. Rollaway bed fees may apply. Children 3 and younger eat free when ordering from the children’s menu at select outlets and dining with paying adults ordering from the regular menu. Taxes and gratuities may not be included. No refunds for any unused portion of offer. Offer subject to availability. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply.