Great Mid-Priced Hotel Close to Kaanapali Resort
Posted Feb 3, 2017
I had a fantastic stay at the Aston Kaanapali in late January 2017. I was a single female staying for a week.
1) Value - this resort was was half the cost of higher-end hotels right in Kaanapali Resort area. They were going for $500+ a night.
2) Easy, plentiful parking ($10 a day)
3) Convenient location, loved that it's right across the street from a grocery store (not an overpriced "tourist" grocery store, either)
4) BIG Lanai! The best part of my trip was sitting on my lanai for hours each morning watching the sun rise.
6) Friendly staff
7) FULL KITCHEN!
8) WASHER AND DRYER!
1) If you want a swimmable, walkable, pristine beach right outside your door, stay elsewhere. The beach is rocks. You will most likely need to drive to Kaanapali Resort which is about 1.5 miles away. There is very limited free parking. If you want this feature, prepare to spend hundreds more each night for the Westin or Hyatt, etc.
2) A little touristy... there are signs for Expedia, luaus and photo shoot sessions everywhere.
3) Older property
It is "ocean front" - you can hear the waves from your room and there are stunning views.
Overall, I had a great time. I'm not sure I would return because I want a swimmable beach. But, if you want value and to hear the ocean, this is a great place!