Visitors can enjoy all that Mechanicsville has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and waterfront. A top sight in the area is George Washington Birthplace National Monument.
- There are 84 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 33.9 mi (54.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mechanicsville
A couple of favorite places to visit are Maryland International Raceway and Budds Motorcross Speedway. Additionally, you'll find George Washington Birthplace National Monument in the area.
As you plan your trip to Mechanicsville, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 84 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Colony South Hotel & Conference Center is located 24 mi (38.6 km) from the heart of Mechanicsville. This 3-star hotel in Clinton features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its overall value and quiet location.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Waldorf, MD is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the center of Mechanicsville. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Waldorf can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Extended Stay America Lexington Park - Pax River is 17.4 mi (28 km) from central Mechanicsville. This 2.5-star hotel in Lexington Park features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Mechanicsville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 30°F at night
- Mechanicsville gets about 45.59 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 30°F